The auto industry is constantly evolving, with each passing year bringing new advancements and innovations. Among them, the 2024 Acura TLX is a highly anticipated car. Take a look at the all-new TLX, checking out its performance, design and technology features. Whether you are a car enthusiast or simply want to stay up to date with the latest automotive trends, this review will provide you with valuable insights.
- 1 Overview of the 2024 Acura TLX
- 2 Performance of the 2024 Acura TLX
- 3 Design of the 2024 Acura TLX
- 4 Interior of the 2024 Acura TLX
- 5 Safety Features of the 2024 Acura TLX
- 6 Pricing and Availability of the 2024 Acura TLX
- 7 Specifications of the 2024 Acura TLX
- 8 FAQ: 2024 Acura TLX
Overview of the 2024 Acura TLX
The Acura TLX bears a striking resemblance to an Integra that has indulged in Thanksgiving dinner with two separate families. However, due to its larger size and the option of all-wheel drive, it is an entirely different vehicle from the Integra. The four-door TLX is initially equipped with front-wheel drive and a 272-horsepower turbocharged inline-four engine.
Upgrading to the TLX Type S unlocks the option for all-wheel drive (also available for the Advance trim) and a 355-horsepower turbocharged V-6 engine. Both powertrains are paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission, although the V-6 accelerates from 0 to 60 mph a whole second faster than the four-cylinder. In terms of interior space, the TLX lacks the rear-passenger legroom found in its entry-level luxury car rivals such as the Audi A6 and BMW 5-series. The Type S, which is geared towards performance, delivers excellent steering and feedback, although its excitement is somewhat damp by its hefty weight of 4,201 pounds.
Acura has given the TLX a mid-cycle refresh for 2024. One of the most obvious changes is a redesigned front bumper. However, on paper, the TLX’s starting price has also increased as Acura has eliminated its entry-level Base trim. The rest of the lineup receives a new gauge cluster and infotainment screen, as well as wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Additionally, the TLX now offers Urban Gray Pearl and Liquid Carbon Metallic paint options, as well as three new wheel options.
Performance of the 2024 Acura TLX
The 2024 Acura TLX boasts impressive performance capabilities that are sure to thrill any driving enthusiast. Let’s explore some of its key features:
- Engine Options: The TLX offers two engine options – a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine and a 3.0-liter V6 engine. The former generates 272 horsepower and 280 lb-ft of torque, while the latter delivers a whopping 355 horsepower and 354 lb-ft of torque. Both engines are mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission, ensuring smooth shifts and optimal fuel efficiency.
- Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD): This advanced system enhances the TLX’s handling and stability by distributing power between the front and rear wheels, as well as between the left and right rear wheels. The result is improved traction and cornering performance, making the TLX a joy to drive on any road condition.
- Sporty Suspension: Acura engineers have fine-tuned the TLX’s suspension to strike the perfect balance between comfort and sportiness. The double wishbone front suspension and multi-link rear suspension work in harmony to provide precise handling and a smooth ride, even during spirited driving.
The regular TLX features a 272-hp turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission. Front-wheel drive comes as standard, while Acura offers the optional SH-AWD system, which improves agility and traction by redistributing power among the wheels. The TLX’s exceptional chassis tuning makes it a highly enjoyable sports sedan to drive, reaffirming Acura’s ability to manufacture such vehicles.
This sentiment is particularly true for the higher-performance Type S model, which boasts a 355-hp turbo 3.0-liter V-6 engine, a responsive 10-speed automatic transmission, SH-AWD, and a sportier suspension setup. Unlike the regular TLX, it can be equipped with stickier summer tires on 20-inch wheels. Our first drive of the Type S showcased its powerful engine, engaging steering, excellent body control, and strong brakes. However, it does have a firm ride that fails to mask road imperfections, and it doesn’t feel as nimble as shorter, sportier competitors like the Audi S4.
Design of the 2024 Acura TLX
The 2024 Acura TLX showcases a stunning exterior design that combines elegance with a touch of aggressiveness. Here are some noteworthy design elements:
- Bold Front Fascia: The TLX features Acura’s signature Diamond Pentagon grille, which adds a touch of sophistication to the front end. The sleek LED headlights further enhance its striking appearance, while the sculpted hood adds a hint of muscularity.
- Sleek Profile: From the side, the TLX exudes a sense of sportiness with its aerodynamic shape and well-defined character lines. The elongated roofline flows seamlessly into the rear, giving it a distinctive silhouette.
- Athletic Rear Design: The rear of the TLX is equally captivating, thanks to its dual exhaust outlets, integrated rear spoiler, and eye-catching LED taillights. These elements combine to create a memorable impression on anyone who follows the TLX on the road.
Interior of the 2024 Acura TLX
Step inside the 2024 Acura TLX, and you’ll be greeted by a luxurious and driver-centric interior that prioritizes comfort and convenience. Let’s delve into some of its interior highlights:
- Premium Materials: The TLX’s cabin is crafted with high-quality materials, such as leather upholstery, soft-touch surfaces, and real wood trim. These premium touches elevate the overall feel of the interior, providing a truly upscale experience.
- Comfortable Seating: The TLX offers spacious seating for up to five occupants, ensuring everyone can stretch out and relax during long drives. The front seats are particularly comfortable, thanks to their ample cushioning and adjustable lumbar support.
- Advanced Technology: Acura has equipped the TLX with an array of cutting-edge technology features. The centerpiece of the dashboard is a large infotainment screen that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration. Additionally, a digital gauge cluster provides crucial information at a glance, enhancing driver awareness.
Inside, the TLX features an expressive design that enhances its sporty character. This is evident in the appealing analog gauges and the prominent rotary drive-mode selector located in the center of the dashboard. The TLX also benefits from Acura’s exceptional build quality and offers improved cabin materials compared to its predecessor, such as open-pore wood and real aluminum.
While the sedan provides ample space from side to side, the back seat feels slightly smaller than some competitors in its class. However, the TLX compensates with highly adjustable front seats and excellent forward visibility, which are especially appreciated by drivers. Additionally, the TLX offers a wide range of interior colors, distinctive leather upholstery, and desirable features, including a head-up display and customizable ambient lighting settings inspired by iconic driving destinations and racetracks like “Pacific Coast” and “Suzuka.”
Every TLX is equipped with a 12.3-inch infotainment system, which is primarily controlled through a touchpad located on the center console. Certain functions can also be operated using the steering-wheel buttons and physical controls located next to the touchpad. Additionally, a padded resting place for your wrist is provided below the touchpad, enhancing comfort during operation. The TLX comes with wireless Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and a Wi-Fi hotspot as standard features. However, those interested in the premium ELS sound system and a wireless charging pad will need to choose the Advance package.
Safety Features of the 2024 Acura TLX
When it comes to safety, the 2024 Acura TLX does not disappoint. Acura has equipped this sedan with numerous safety features to keep both drivers and passengers protected:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS): This system uses radar technology to detect potential collisions with vehicles or pedestrians ahead. It can automatically apply the brakes if necessary to mitigate or avoid an accident.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): LKAS helps drivers stay in their lane by providing gentle steering inputs if they unintentionally drift out of their lane without signaling. This feature promotes safer driving habits and reduces the risk of side-swipe accidents.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): ACC maintains a set speed while automatically adjusting the distance to the vehicle ahead. It can even bring the vehicle to a complete stop if needed, making traffic congestion less stressful.
Every TLX is equipped with AcuraWatch as a standard feature, which includes a variety of driver-assistance technologies. The sedan also offers new features such as traffic-sign recognition and a driver-awareness monitor. To learn more about the crash test results of the TLX, please visit the websites of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). The TLX comes with standard forward:
- Collision warning and automated emergency braking, standard lane.
- Departure warning and lane-keeping assist, and available blind.
- Spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert.
Pricing and Availability of the 2024 Acura TLX
The 2024 Acura TLX is expected to hit dealership showrooms in [month] [year]. As for pricing, it will vary depending on trim level and optional packages chosen. Acura offers various trim levels to meet different customer preferences and budgets.
The 2024 Acura TLX is an impressive sedan that excels in performance, design, technology, and safety. Its powerful engine options, advanced features, and luxurious interior make it a standout choice among its competitors. Whether you’re seeking an exhilarating driving experience or a comfortable ride for daily commutes, the TLX delivers on all fronts. Keep an eye out for this exceptional sedan when it arrives at your local Acura dealership!
The Type S, with its 355 horsepower, is the highest-performing and most expensive model in the TLX lineup. Its impressive performance is a major reason why it is our favorite, but its price also adds to its appeal, especially when compared to the BMW M340i. While the all-wheel-drive BMW starts at a slightly higher price than the Type S, it ends up costing over $56,000 when fully equipped. On the other hand, the Type S is more affordable and comes with standard luxuries such as adaptive dampers, leather upholstery, and an ELS premium audio system. We would also recommend adding the Performance package, which includes unique 20-inch wheels with summer tires for maximum grip when cornering and braking power.
Specifications of the 2024 Acura TLX
|VEHICLE TYPE||front-engine, all-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 4-door sedan|
|PRICE AS TESTED||$49,325 (base price: $40,525)|
|ENGINE TYPE||Turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 16-valve inline-4, aluminum block and head, direct fuel injection|
|Displacement||122 in3, 1996 cm3|
|Power||272 hp @ 6500 rpm|
|Torque||280 lb-ft @ 1600 rpm|
|TRANSMISSION||280 lb-ft @ 1600 rpm|
|CHASSIS||Suspension (F/R): control arms/multilink
Brakes (F/R): 13.0-inch vented disc/13.0-inch disc
Tires: Michelin Primacy A/S, 255/40R-19 96W M+S
|DIMENSIONS||Wheelbase: 113.0 in
Length: 194.6 in
Width: 75.2 in
Height: 56.8 in
Passenger volume: 93 ft3
Trunk volume: 14 ft3
Curb weight: 4026 lb
|C/D TEST RESULTS||60 mph: 5.9 sec
100 mph: 15.3 sec
130 mph: 29.9 sec
Rolling start, 5–60 mph: 6.5 sec
Top gear, 30–50 mph: 3.7 sec
Top gear, 50–70 mph: 4.7 sec
1/4 mile: 14.5 sec @ 97 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 131 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph: 177 ft
Braking, 100–0 mph: 362 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.87 g
Standing-start accel times omit 1-ft rollout of 0.3 sec.
|EPA FUEL ECONOMY (C/D EST)||Combined/city/highway: 24/21/29 mpg|
|2024 Acura TLX Type S||Vehicle Type: front-engine, all-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 4-door sedan|
|PRICE||Base/As Tested: $53,325/$54,625
Options: Summer tires, $800; Tiger Eye Pearl paint, $500
|ENGINE||turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 24-valve V-6, aluminum block and heads, direct fuel injection
Displacement: 183 in3, 2997 cm3
Power: 355 hp @ 5500 rpm
Torque: 354 lb-ft @ 1400 rpm
|CHASSIS||Suspension, F/R: control arms/multilink
Brakes, F/R: 14.3-in vented disc/13.0-in disc
Tires: Pirelli P Zero PZ4
|DIMENSIONS||Wheelbase: 113.0 in
Length: 194.6 in
Width: 75.2 in
Height: 56.4 in
Passenger Volume: 93 ft3
Trunk Volume: 14 ft3
Curb Weight: 4201 lb
|C/D TEST RESULTS||60 mph: 4.9 sec
100 mph: 12.6 sec
1/4-Mile: 13.6 sec @ 103 mph
130 mph: 24.2 sec
Results above omit 1-ft rollout of 0.3 sec.
Rolling Start, 5–60 mph: 5.5 sec
Top Gear, 30–50 mph: 3.3 sec
Top Gear, 50–70 mph: 4.5 sec
Top Speed (C/D est): 155 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph: 165 ft
Braking, 100–0 mph: 359 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft Skidpad: 0.96 g
|C/D FUEL ECONOMY||Observed: 19 mpg|
|EPA FUEL ECONOMY||Combined/City/Highway: 21/19/24 mpg|
FAQ: 2024 Acura TLX
What are the changes to the Acura TLX 2024?
Will the Acura TLX be redesigned in 2024?
How much horsepower does the 2024 Acura TLX have?
See more at: Car Care Vip